Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bounty of the Season





This is absolutely my favorite time of year. There is still the feeling of life and abundance of late summer, but it's starting to slow into renewal and coziness. Every day reminds me of a being at a pumpkin patch as a child, standing in clean, thin air amid vibrant colors and drinking hot chocolate.

I have jumped into full-on fall mode, hauling firewood and wanting to preserve as much food as possible. I've been harvesting apples and pears and pressed them to make hard cider and perry. My roomate had a ton of tomatoes at all stages of ripeness, so we had a 2-day extravaganza of canning green tomato salsa, chutney, and red tomato sauce.



2 comments:

Ally said...

I love your writing!! and photos! Those fall photos on this one are beautiful. Keep it up! I am quite amazed to hear you went hunting too. Also, I am so excited for Laura and that profile pic of yours is too cute, I love the prayer flags in the background. =) I think I drank too much coffee this morning. Love ya girl!

makewhatyouneedtofind said...

this was a perfect way to give me autumnal closure. your photos and ditties capture the magic of the (extra)ordinary....as you've always done. love and kisses, kate