Monday, July 19, 2010

Desk Warming

Right now it's summer break for Korean students. Most teachers have a few weeks of summer camp to teach, but still are left with at least a few weeks of no classes. Instead of having any extra time off, most teachers just have to sit in the office and "desk warm". Most of my last week has been in my office chair, catching up on email, watching Glee, studying Korean, and working in my school garden. I came across this video which is ridiculously spot-on to what foreign English teachers experience with desk warming.



Hmm, but I don't know how to make this video fit the screen, sorry. To watch an un-cropped version, here is the YouTube link to the same video.

2 comments:

ElizaBeth said...

Hilarious! At least you are making good use of your time. PLEASE PLEASE do a garden post with pictures soon, yours and all the renegade urban gardens you can snap photos of. It's a miserable year for tomatoes in Seattle but our carrots and zucchini are growing strong, plus some beautiful sunflowers just bloomed. (p.s. I can never make videos fit correctly, either...)

AmberAnda said...

Hah! I'm glad to know you watched this, it seriously is the story of my life the last 3 weeks. Luckily Summer Camp started today so now I'm busy! My tomatoes are decent but haven't grown a whole lot, but I have more peppers than I know what to do with. Garden post soon, thanks for the nudge!