Friday, September 2, 2016

An Outdoor, Offline August

I had the privilege and pleasure of taking the month of August off from my day job to finish a bunch of hiking research for a side project that I'm working on. It was productive, exhausting, and a total blast. I did some day hikes and a handful of two- and three-day backpacking trips. In northern Washington I went west to Orcas Island and east as far as Tonasket, as far south as the Columbia River, and many spots in between.
Three-day trip up the Suiattle River to Miner's Ridge,
with views of Glacier Peak
Spotted many grouse, especially in eastern Washington

Went over the Entiat River Valley for my first time.
So pretty over there!

Sometimes I hiked solo, and sometimes with friends.
Did an overnight and two day hikes with Alice!
View from Monument 83 in the Pasayten Wilderness
On the days in between hiking, I came back to Seattle to do laundry, grocery shop, eat a big salad, repack, and catch up on city life.
I got to hang with a couple of
my sweet little nieces.
Elliot Bay sail boat race with friends.
Work team building event--sailing cruise!
Swam in Lake Washington on a
warm night as the sun set, then
watched the moon rise over the water.
I'm sad that the month of playing outside is over, but I'm slowly getting used to the idea of fall being here. Happy September!

No comments: